08-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #24
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlhj83 View Post
Test drive mine and see what you think . The S65 engine requires good running in and decent mileage to really loosen up, and I think the unique combination of my 18 inch wheels and ZCP suspension makes for an incredible bumpy B-road blaster. M-DCT takes some thorough understanding and getting used to to get maximum benefits, which the handbook doesn't explain well enough. I honestly think the combination of M-DCT and S65 makes the M3 special. Had the M3 come only in manual - which I feel is a handicap and doesn't match the characteristics of the S65 - I would have bought the 1M instead.

M-DCT can be just an involving as a manual but in a different way - I find myself constantly adjusting the drivelogic setting to suit the road conditions, the way I'm driving and whether I want to snap the necks of my passengers . My favourite feature is the one-pull-downshift-overtake manoeuvre, much like pulling the trigger of a gun.
Thanks for the info and offer Marcus. Would be a shame to change 1M before taking it to Wales but that's the situation I'm in at the moment. Got a bit of wear left in the rears but may need to change them before Wales (or maybe that should be "especially for going to Wales!" )

Can't believe I have had 17k miles out of the tyres!
Appreciate 0