View Single Post
      12-06-2014, 03:58 AM   #36
wht125i
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: e82 125i

Time for another update, amazing how time flies.

Interior wrap
I bought the titanium 3m wrap when it was on sale at supercheapauto. I wasn't sure it'd be the right colour, the silver trim on vents and gear change are nothing like titanium. I picked what was available, and I love it. So far I've done the easy parts - door grabs, centre trim, around the shifter. I love it. It has provided a huge contrast (desired outcome), and makes me feel like I'm in a more expensive interior. The wrap was easy if time consuming, and it looks like a professional install IMO. The wrap has some texture to it as well, which provides some complexity to light reflections.
Photos to follow.

Exhaust
I ended up choosing a super sprint exhaust for my car. It's currently en route from Italy, and assuming DHL deliver to my mechanic in late December, I'll have it fitted by Christmas time. I'm super excited, nervous to hear the sound, but anything will be better than what I currently have.

Tires
The PS3s have really been good, they have so much grip, brake feel and comfort that the run craps, that the car still feels like a completely different car. I've always like PS3s, and would be excited to try the PSS next time. Tire wear seems good so far, I'm going to be measuring every few thousand kms, I'll be keen to see how well they go.

Speakers
They've broken in now and I love them. The extra bass is great, vocal clarity is great, they're more than enough for me and I'm so glad I got them. Would recommend.

Not too much on the need to do list now, probably just relax for a few months, enjoy the new exhaust hopefully by xmas, then I think the m3 front arms and rear bushes will be required. So many options, not enough $$.