Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastauto View Post
Nah, money is not the issue. I want to get the better setup. I think the apex wheels are great looking and the availability and price are perfect. I would love to pick up two sets, but i live in a condo and do not have the room. It would obviously be nice to keep the extra money in my pocket but were not talking big bucks here. I think running a properly setup staggered configuration is probably best but from my readings on the forums I see a ton of people raving about their square setups. Not sure if they are going this route because of money and the prolonged length of tire or there really is more to it.

If you are only going to have four wheels then rotating among same size wheels is not only going to be cost effective, it's cost effective from the PRACTICALITY aspect. Wolfpack mentioneed this... Let's say your home track causes heavy wear to the one tire... the right rear for example. If you start having to purchase right rear tires at a 2:1 ratio... then, unless you have a tire mounting machine/service handy, and cheap, you will end up having to invest a fair amount of time having that tire replaced, and of course that will be out of sequence with the others.. The more events.. the more hassle this becomes. If.. during an event.. at this same favorite track... the right wear wears down...you may have to head home and give up time at the event...
Just sayin..
Makes sense. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0