View Single Post
      12-01-2011, 11:40 AM   #42
duvinclunk
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 ZCP

Of course, when posted in the 1M forum, that all the 1M owners would be butt hurt about the magazine saying the 135i wins.

While I don't agree with all of bimmer ///man's points, I do agree with the fact that the article probably is taken wrong. It is NOT an article about what the resale value will be in 2 years time. It is NOT an article about what if's. It's NOT an article of what would you rather have. It's an article about which of the two cars performs better as they are setup and optioned and priced. They feel the 135i wins, deal with it.

Now presented with a 1M or a highly modified 135i you've gotta be dumb to choose the 135, seriously. 99% of us would take the 1M every time. As mentioned here already, the 1M's are gone. If you don't have one now or aren't willing to pay the abserd premium for one (because you AREN'T getting MRSRP anymore) and you MUST have a 1-series, the modified 135i looks enticing.

Plus, if you take out the cost of a brand new 135i and go used (which are VERY reasonable now) you would come in at a long shot cheaper than a 1M with how high priced they're being asked for...
Appreciate 0