07-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
dflatos
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Hi all!

Mind you, i'm quite excited It's my first BMW, traditionally having driven 2 WRX's over my whole driving career (being now 5 years ). The only reason i didn't go all the way to the 135 was insurance. Even without any claims and a NCD rating 1 for life, i was quoted at 4k a year. So i'll wait until i'm actually over 25.

Any tips/first feelings you can share?
I'm a first time BMW newbie too- 125i convertible -always drove Japanese cars before, and new to this forum. Some of the guys here are really helpful like Zuzu, AMK2912 and d3syd. 125i has some minor irritations when compared to Japanese cars -the centre armrest when down covers the cupholder rendering it useless when you have idrive and no choice in upgrading the Hifi (unlike the 135) which is sadly lacking in volume. Have to do aftermarket. Thought an BMW would have better interior design but I conclude BMW is for driving pleasure, and not so much practicality at the entry level. Actually insurance through BMW was very good. I pay under $900 for comprehensive but does not cover under 25yo. Would be worth you checking out although you're under 25. Welcome.
Appreciate 0