View Single Post
      10-03-2008, 12:07 PM   #55
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5, i3s

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I'm guessing your'e in VA, because there are only two states where detectors are illegal. Based on that, my advice is to just move out of there! (I grew up in VA, and I'd never move back because of their laws)

But seriously, you're better off not using it. VA has RADAR detector detectors in some of the State Trooper cars that can pick up the detector without you ever knowing they're there. Once that thing goes off they have probably cause to search your car, and they'll write you a big whopping ticket.

Some of the newer detectors are invisible to most of the detector detectors, but it's a cat and mouse game, with each side on-upping the other. VA has started using a new detector detector that picks up nearly all of them. :iono:
I live in VA and have always hardwired my Valentine One up in the right corner. I'm able to put the visor over it and still get detection from the rear. I've been pulled over a bunch of times and I was able to pull it down before the officer saw it. As you mentioned, it sucks to drive fast in VA. I am picking up my new '08 135i Coupe today and this is the first mod I will do! FWIW, the best solution is the Blinder system. Do some research on that. I will probably be putting this in soon.
Appreciate 0