04-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #4
SkinnyVT
P1
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob View Post
Are you driving a slushbox?

I haven't noticed any significant throttle lag on my 128i, but I hear the auto trannys are worse about that, which is why I ask. Also, I'm thinking an auto tranny might overheat or something on the track, which could be a source of your issues. I've heard of auto-box 135i's/335i's having a harder time with going into limp mode at the track, so could be a similar issue.

But if you're driving a 6MT, I don't know. My 128i hasn't had that problem. Did four 20-30 minute runs a couple of weeks ago, and am on PSS's, so I was pushing as hard as I dared. Any chance the hesitation was the DTC cutting power due to loss of traction from the all-seasons? Just kind of brainstorming here...
nope, manual tranny, traction control BS was off, only thing I can think of is when I put in new brake pads I didn't replace the sensors and I've got a warning light for that but I would figure that would effect the car all the time or at least more consistently.

Hopefully I'll get my ass moving on the e30 and I won't have to deal with all the computer controlled BS of this car.