View Single Post
      01-22-2014, 05:29 PM   #13
Pete_vB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '69 GT3, GT4, 1M, 912

Happy you got something out of it, guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotth944 View Post
If you were to majorly increase the amount of loading the suspension was designed around, it might make sense to replace the subframe rubber bushings with something like Delrin/aluminum to help cut down on the amount of compliance without going into the complications associated with the wheel suspension setup itself; I did this with my 944T when I boosted the power by 50% to help keep the rear stabilized.
By subframe you mean the torsion tube mounting on the 944T? Agreed the subframe mounts, assuming everything mounts to one subframe, is probably good and safe if the can be done; I'm traveling and need to look at the subframe to see if that's safe when I get back. The primary difference between the 997S and 997 GT3 is simply that the rubber subframe bushings are replaced with aluminum, it increases NVH but reduces overall play. The 997 RS 4.0 goes on the replace the lower arm bushing with a spherical bearing, cuts camber loss under load, etc, the trick is knowing which bushing to replace and if it's going to do anything ugly.