Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB
Quote:
Originally Posted by clived View Post
My experience of Evolve is that they are actually pretty conservative in terms of boost, prefering to work with timing (and I guess other stuff - I'm sure Evolve will correct me if I've got it wrong ) to maximise torque, and not pushing the curve to get as puch power out as possible - and believe me, I've asked them to, but they refused. I ran my 135i for over 60k miles with an Evolve remap - no issues.

And don't worry - he's not a guinea pig - I've been running the Evolve tune on my 1M for over 10k miles....
He's running a custom map, so different than the one you put 10k miles on (and 10k miles is nothing to write home about).

Fundamentally there are only three main knobs any tuner can turn in the quest for more power- ignition advance, fuel and boost, and all have real consequences.

Where you can't rely on experience you need to fall back on reputation, and I do hope Evolve's holds up in this case. But what you essentially have here is not one tuner able to make more power, but rather one tuner being comfortable pushing the line further than another... That alone shouldn't impress anyone.
I understand your argument but if you researched anything about Evolve they make custom maps to modifications, that doesnt mean i got a custom map to push the car harder. Ive been in a 135i that had 50k miles on it with a jb4 and meth and the worst problem i got was one blown fuel pump and they push the turbos pretty hard compared to these flash tuners

Thats what im mainly getting at is were all looking for a tuner that can beat jb4 like cobb is showing and i bet the Evolve tune would be right there.

If you didnt know most of the components on the n54 are forged( i think except for the piston which are cast) not positive but as you can see the motor holds up pretty well with stock parts. Shivs pushing 650 whp .

Clearly the turbos can only take so much but if you looked into the n54 many people run 18psi tapering to about 16psi at 6k rpms and this is tuned just right. Evolve has done a great thing with there tune being right there, and i cant wait to get methanol hooked up on this thing.

Was also thinking about RBs but im pretty sure my motor will be fine.

Ive been tuned since day one with my car whether it was the JB4, ESS, or Evolve. I also have 10k miles and my cars doing perfectly fine.

It really annoys me how people are more negative then positive on this website.

Open up your own thread about motors blowing up!!! Maybe you will get some interest. Im pretty sure not many n54s have and they have been pushed since 07 with alot of boost on the stock turbos.

My jb3 was actually boosting 21 psi on meth on my old 135i sooo with that said
Appreciate 0