View Single Post
      05-28-2009, 09:08 AM   #1
MrHick
135i
Rep
Drives: 135i

Liquid Damage Masive Issues per Local BMW service

OK maybe a little long but I did not take my Ritalin today.

after washing the car I left a bottle of the aerospace protect ant in the trunk bin, behind the net on the right side of the trunk.

Saturday a week later I open the trunk and the bottle top got broken (Drive it like you stole it or buy a Yugo)
So I clean the Sh** of the trunk and not think too much about it.

Car was at 12000miles and had 800mls to service is I take the Sh** under the hood out so I can take it to service before the Thursday Key West road trip.

After all that is done I take it for a ride and it's all good.

Later that night the dash goes crazy, RPM's go to 0 then go back up lights come on then go off, TPMS lights up.

I plug in the BT scanner and there are tons of codes.
I clear the codes and they come right back after turning the car off.

So I take the car to the service and they figure that the couple of ounces that spilled in the storage part of the trunk somehow leaked under and in to the electronics that is under there.

They will have to change it and since I spilled the Sh** I have to pay for it.
Then they found that all of that caused the radio receiver under the dash to go bad so they had to change that, (They covered that part under warranty as it was not wet or to help me out a little or whatever).

After 10 days I go back to get my car and have a nice conversation with the service guy.

He Claims that they are
HAVING MASSIVE ISSUES HERE IN FLORIDA WITH TNEW BMW'S.

When it rains it rains buckets for an hour then stops and like that every day during summer.

The cars will get wet by going trough puddles, if you drove in the heavy rain in Florida you know that every street is a paddle until it stops and sewer catches up with huge flow of water.
People would put wet Sh** in the trunk like an wet umbrella or anything, water would leak under the trunk tray and electronics would freak out.

" DON'T PUT ANYTHING WET ON THE FLOOR OR IN THE TRUNK it does not make since they did this on these cars, it is causing us huge problems they should have put it under the roof panels"
is what he told me.

So I sad " no way that is bad for weight distribution but arnt there better ways of protecting the electronics then put it right under storage where you expect to put Sh**".

So what do I do, STOP Driving in the rain, my street is like a river when the rains come.

AGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Appreciate 0