View Single Post
      08-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #6
jose325i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

The car came with brand new hankook ventus v12 evo tires when I bought it. The dealer just called me back telling me to try and rule out the tires bring the culprit (basically telling me to go replace my tires with runflats) then coming in for an alignment if that doesn't resolve the issue. They said they visually inspected my front suspension and that everything looked fine. No mention of possibly worn parts, which I found strange considering the soft bushings, mileage and bad houston roads.

When I get my car back, I'll get under the car and check the suspension and steering column for play myself, checking everything for tightness as a friend moves the wheel back and forth.

I had the car aligned at NTB not too long ago, but the problem was already present before doing so, and has not improved or gotten worse since doing it. I'll take it back and see if maybe my off-center steering wheel has something to do with it. It was really bad before I took it to NTB, and is now much better, but still not quite right. I think the previous owner hit a pothole before trading it in. I'll have NTB redo the alignment, with me in the car to make sure the lack of added weight isn't the issue.

Tire pressures are ok, I just topped them up 2 weeks ago with no improvement.

Last edited by jose325i; 08-02-2013 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0