View Single Post
      10-01-2010, 08:35 AM   #2
scarified
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i Conv MT

I have to echo the above post. I did all of my research online and knew exactly what I wanted. I figured the invoice price, the Edmunds TMV, the Euro delivery price right down to the cent, including all taxes and fees and came up with a narrow range of prices that I was prepared to pay.

I did some 'dry runs' at Brahman in West Palm Beach and Vista in Coconut Creek. This gave me the opportunity to test drive a car similar to what I had in mind, and it did indeed make up my mind to buy a 135i.

I found the sales people at Brahman and Vista to be rude and ill informed. One guy from Brahman actually called me the day after I walked out to try and get me to come back in. When I explained that I intend to do everything over email/phone, he tried to tell me that that was illegal in the US and implied that I knew no better (I am European and I speak with an accent).

I checked dealerrater.com and discovered all of the positive reviews for Coggin Ft Pierce. It seemed that the top sales person there was a guy by the name of RONNIE MCFARLAND. So I called him.

Ronnie immediately quoted me a price that was a few dollars below my target price. We worked thru all of the options and accessories - Coggin has a printable 15% off coupon for installed accessories. We then satisfactorily worked thru all the taxes and fees.

I placed the order and was sent the production number and VIN without me having to ask for them. The car arrived last night, 7 1/2 weeks later. I do have a small issue with the car (the Aux port for the stereo appears to have been disconnected), but I am confident that it will be resolved quickly.

I have to say, in all honesty, that this has been the best purchasing experience I have ever had. I have bought a BMW (from Vista), a Lexus, Saab, Jaguar among other cars over the years, and while some of those experiences have been positive (notably Lexus and Jaguar), the Coggin experience was really superior.

I give Coggin and specifically Ronnie my highest recommendation.

Last edited by scarified; 10-01-2010 at 08:45 AM..
Appreciate 0