05-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wescuddles View Post
To each their own man. I'm refinishing a set of RS's for about $2300 all in. Light weight proven strength and 3 piece ftw. You take care of the wheels like you take care of your car and they'll be fine. If you're going to be upgrading your suspension I'd get some lightweight track wheels as well - lugging those things around the track would be risky.

No hate just some friendly criticism. Carry on
who said anything about the track? the coils are to dial in the drop that I want because I'm picky about the way it's lowered/stanced. While I may autoX it maybe a handful of times in the cars life, big maybe--it's not something I'm concerned about. Lap times are irrelevant to me.

and what's risky about going around a track with a wheel/tire combo that's approx. 2.65lbs lighter than my stock wheels when I weighed them during uninstall/install? I fail to see the danger in that for it to be "risky".

While RS is a great looking wheel and I can appreciate the deal you got on them; you are still $500 above my price in terms of investment, everyone has their own agenda and budget and preferences/thoughts regarding modifying a car. I have a daily driver and therefore my wheels see a lot of crap-tar, pebbles, brake dust daily, and potholes of NoE OH.

I can understand your stance on preferring a higher end wheel Wescuddles, and I'm not arguing or turning this thread into a wheel battle that resides in how far your wallet is willing to open.

Harlequin was just pointing out the douchy way you responded in an arrogant tone/manner, and I happen to agree. Especially considering how interested you were in my wheels when BavX requested pics of them:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609640

Gotta remember where you came from to know where you are going! And more importantly, so you don't wedge your foot in your own mouth
Appreciate 0