ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Make that E34 M5 and E46 M3 CSL too

@ ozinaldo, remember we talked about the 37kg uplift @ 200kmh? The E9x M3 felt more stable at speeds > 200kmh I read a lot, though I come from a E90 M3 myself which has a longer wheelbase which benefits a lot and/but find the 1M pretty stable @ + 240kmh.

My guess is Horst @ NS was a tad scared with the swb 1M in longer faster turns and when feeling the rear kicking out, he'd back off a bit. I just don't see the E9x M3 winning 10 seconds on the Dottinger Höhe straight alone. The OEM 1M is just more than a handful on the fast NS compared to the longer wheelbased E9x M3. My mate André did BTG 7:45 with a stock 1M plus passenger in TF traffic. Which means est. 8:07 if I understand correctly.

Anyway I 'm so bloody amazed by my (still) oem 1M . The best car I ever had. Not by fuel consumption, comfort, (luggage) space etc offcourse

EDIT: Horst gave the Supertested M135i 63 points in total. The RS3 got 60 points. The Cayman S 64 points and last but not least, au contraire: the 1M got 68 points.

Cheers
Robin
Right, if you keep the Sport Auto 1M super test issue you will see that 1M points is identical with E92 M3's, yet another coincidence! Then, please go each section and try to understand the points donated, you will see that at the wet section Horst gives 1M just 1 points out of a possible 10 (not counted at the end but this also tells how he felt about the car...got scared) and in other sections there is one or two that 1M is the absolute best vs competition so should take a 10 or 9 at least according to their own logic but takes less points for some reason! I can't help but sense an editorial hard work to keep the points at a certain level so 1M doesn't step on big brother's toes. The result: they get exact same points when you put the numbers together, like noone reads the details of the super test but remembers a 10 seconds difference on the Ring

Welcome to 1M history, it is all about underrating and covering, since its days of engineering. For me, just makes the ownership all the sweeter
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0