View Single Post
      06-22-2010, 08:05 AM   #7
BM130
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 130i

Name and shame the dealers (or stealers?).

I'll start; I've always tried going to BMW Sydney (they're 2 blocks away from work!) but like you... I always get told 3-4 weeks for a booking and 4-5 weeks for a loan car. WHAT?! How one plans life that far in advance when you use a car for work is anyone's guess. So, I had been servicing at another dealer. For a warranty item I took to the car to Sydney BMW and was told it was the other dealer's issue as they serviced it and hence they couldn't repair it, or else I'd need to pay. What?! After a nice word with BMW HQ (you should try them) I was given the car back repaired under warranty.

Then most recently I left two voice messages for a return call and also two emails to book a service (Oil Change distance to go dramatically dropped). No reply. Booked in with Canterbury BMW. Cheaper and done without questions, with another warranty repair item.

So... go figure. Sydney BMW is owned by BMW Australia yet it seems their Franchise dealerships are doing better in service. Sometimes I just wish BMW would take a look at Lexus and Mercedes Benz for after-sales ownership experiences.
SOLD '05 RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup - Mods; Milltek Sports Cat-back exhaust, High-flow Cat, Stripes
Appreciate 0