08-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #17
fboutlaw
Cone Cruncher
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
Let me preface this by saying that though this is a 1 series forum, I drive a 3 series. I'm not looking for tips that are specific to my car.

Anyway, I'm going to my first track day in 2 weeks and, I'd like to get a list of tasks to complete before I go. I've compiled a list myself but, I'd like to see what the collective experience of 1addicts.com can add.
  • Check Tire Pressure
  • Check Oil Level
  • Check Coolant Level
  • Check Transmission Fluid

Any other general tips related to car prep?

Do you have any suggestions dealing with etiquette for my first day? I was involved with FSAE during my school years but, I've never been to a track day with a street car so, I'm not exactly sure what to expect.

Thanks guys!

The group you are doing the track day should have furnished a tech inspection sheet. If it's the first track day you're doing and are unfamiliar with some of the inspections, take it to a local garage and have them look your car over. They'll make sure there is no obvious damage that could become an issue on the track.

The one thing they don't mention is that you should wash your car and make it pretty. A lot of times photographers come out, and you'll want your car in it's Sunday best!
Appreciate 0