07-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #72
OAM
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahlzeit View Post
So what's happening is that dealers were told exactly how many 'allocations' they were going to get for the whole year. Someone at your dealership knows how many cars BMW told them they'd be getting. One of THOSE spots is commonly referred to as an 'allocation'. You can have one of these 'allocations' now, and you can be status 047,.... all the way until BMW actually is ready to schedule the build date - status 111.

In the normal BMW ordering world, an allocation isn't one until 111. This car is of course following a different process
I've had this deposit down for a couple weeks now, along with some others. I've been following up with this dealer pretty closely. when he told me they had an open allocation a few weeks ago, he did say the allocation would come out next month, which is apparently tomorrow. I've confirmed that I'm the first for this allocation. So are you saying that I really don't have an allocation, so then what will he be telling me tomorrow? So tomorrow he's just going to tell me tomorrow that I can have the allocation? Not that BMW has accepted it? Sorry for all the questions, just a little confused here.
Appreciate 0