bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1
+1. I have seen that repeatedly on the various days I've done dyno testing. After the first full pull, it is all downhill from there unless you allow ample (and I mean ample) cooling off times in between runs.

I am planning to hit the dyno again soon, this time the only delta being the Forge FMIC, so will provide those details as I have them. FWIW, the last run I had on the stock IC, it clearly ran out of breath in the dyno room conditions (FL weather was certainly no helper), and the power fell off a cliff at the top RPMs, when I am pretty sure with the Forge it will hold it further and that is essentially where you will see 'gains'. Again, it is the ability to keep lower IATs and keep boost steady for longer, thus maintaining the power, as opposed to it being cut short by the DME due to timing retardation.
Can't wait to see your results. Are you doing pulls with the hood closed? Either way use the same dyno and process from your previous pulls.

Also, in addition to timing, the DME dumps more fuel when the temps increase which adversely affect power.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0