03-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #22
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
Yep i love my manual cars to but to be fair i have great respect for the DCT type trans,
Last week i had two VW type R in the shop for tuning etc, one a 6 speed manual and the other a DCT well after spending time with both on the dyno and the road the DCT wins.
You cant compare the two it is night and day for driving pleasure and full on performance.

Sorry to say the game has changed

I have a client with a 996TT 4X4 Auto, Guys it is not nice.
sooner have the clunky old manual in this case,

I could never afford a new GT3 at least not in Aust but dreams are free

Certainly do not want this thread to be a DCT/6Mt debate as we have heard that long enough but......i agree for all out performance my paddle shifting 135i was way quicker than a manual, was great in traffic and overall much easier to drive but after the initial high wears of after driving for a half hour on the 'road"..not track..... the driving pleasure drops considerably. And yes a M/T is old school but for the few hours a week i have to go out for fun drives on the road the M/T is way more engaging....Speed aside the m/t cars are still fast, not as fast as DCT but for road driving you are alway's physically involved...As a semi professional drummer who uses all four limbs to play when you take away the feet, it's a totally different ball game. I will leave my DD as an auto and my fun/ semi fast cars for 6M/T. But in the end we do agree but for different driving reasons. Automakers doing away with m/T may be on the right path for sales but as a long time driving enthusiast nothing keeps you engaged like a m/t...good or bad.

Yea, i love Porsche ALL OF THEM actually.