Thread: Legalities Blow
View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #23
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

Glad it worked out. I will still say that going to court always has to be the last answer since it is costly and slow. Unless you have a written agreement that the price includes the tax, I can't see how it could help to go to court.

The deal I negotiated for my 1 series included taxes, plate, and all fees. But I made sure that was clearly stated on the paperwork I signed (and they signed before they got my money). My dealer was in the same state as I am so it was easier. They still messed up the tag but fixed it once I brought it up.

On a more humorius note, the new car I bought before my 1 was a Hyundai for my daughter. I took her along so she would get exposed to the process. I had done my homework on-line and negotiated them low enough they cut the guy who did all the paperwork's fee. He was noticable pissed and rushed through all the paperwork. That made me want to cut his fee the next time. I don't need the explanation, I've done this a few times, and I don't like to waste time getting told what I already know.

Jim