Boosted_N54
Major
Rep
Drives: 135i N54

My Vmr Rims Are On.... With A Slight Rub

18x8.5F et+45 225x40x18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
18x9.5R et+45 255x35x18

Stock susspenion

ok so its been two weeks so far that i have had them on my car. the grip and handling is very noticeable. the ride quality is much better then stock
i also weigh the stock (264 style) rims winter Michelin(PA3) tires .VS. the VMR Michelin (PSS)

VMR(PSS)-- each Front(45.4 lb)----each Rear(50.0 lb) all four 190.8 LB

STOCK(PA3)-each Font(46.8 lb)----each Rear(48.2 lb) all four 190. lB

now back to the rubbing issue on the right rear side is were it only slightly rubs not on bumps not on high speed but only on dips is were i hear the sound ( shhh )for about 1-2 sec i was expecting to have a bigger issue of rubbing with the offset being et 45 for the rear but like i said it doesnt even rub on rough NYC bumps. only if there is a lane that has a dip, it will rub unless im going super slow. Although i just notice last night as i was going fast into a sharp right turn hard i was hearing some kind of wobbling sound.
i coudnt tell which side this was coming from it sounded like something was loose? or something was touching on and off . what i dont understand is that this is not the first time that i have taking this sharp right turn so hard with the VMR setup and never heard it before until last night. What can it be?
Also i noticed that the front shock is Very i mean very close to touching the VMR rim. only my driver license card fits in between the shock and the VMR rim can this be the reason why i hear the wobbling sound on a sharp hard turn?? is it normal for the rim to be so close to the shock like that? do i need spacers? i will be getting my fenders rolled next week just to be on the safe side. i will post more results after the fenders have been rolled up

here is the videos of the front shock and rim almost touching
Attached Images

Last edited by Boosted_N54; 06-16-2011 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0