View Single Post
      04-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #115
JuanFelipe
Germany
Rep
Drives: G30 520d & F48 sDrive20i

Hi everyone,

it's a little bit curious about the new tail lights.
My cardealer (I've a very good relationship with it) can't answer all details. He ordered the adaptor for me, be cause in the ETK you must order it, when you have a car after 09/09. The meaning of the booth y-cables (see my posting before) he doesn't know.

There ist only one hint in the dealer's ISIS (computer for coding and progamming cars). When the dealer connect your car with the ISIS, there is a menu item "retrofit LCI Tail Lights".
If the dealer choose it your car get all the new software and it takes a long of time (approx. 2 hours). We canceled it, be cause I can't imagine it's neccessary for two new tail lights.
I expect this menu item is for cars before 09/09 and you must code it due to the new FRM.

In conclusion the dealer wrote a message in the PUMA-System (BMW internal messaging board for product support), but up to now we couldn't get an answer.
So BMW offer the retrofit of the tail lights but don't really know all details...

So folks - be brave and try it It doesn't hurt

Have a nice day!
Phil

@Dackel I'll try to come to Munich. You must know it's a trip about 600 km one way.
Appreciate 0