View Single Post
      01-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #6
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

I just had my water pump replaced by the dealer. When I picked up the car, I had a strange noise coming from the passenger side coilover so I brought the car back to see what they did to the suspension. They put the car on a lift and walked me through the process. I was surprised to see how easy it was to reach the water pump. Aside from removing the plastic under tray, the only thing you need to remove is the front sway bar. They just unbolted the center bushings, let the sway bar drop (hanging from the end links), and the water pump was easily accessible. You can easily replace the water pump on jack stands. When they reinstalled the sway bar the noise was still there. They kept the car for another day and couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from, which pissed me off to no end. It took me five minutes to figure out that they pinched the thrust bearing on the coilover when lowering the car off the lift. Had I realized it was so easy to reach the water pump i would have replaced it myself since every trip to the dealer seems to result in the need to fix something else they f_ck up. Sorry for the rant.
Appreciate 0