04-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #110
LAZ
OneThirty5Eye
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P7X View Post
People don't wanna race in my area .... most of the time its G35s that think they're quick and try to keep me from passing them (they fail every time).

It's just funny because I had to turn down racing people when I was driving my Cobalt and no one wants to run the 1er haha.
Yea bro, no one wants to race off the bat with me...I have to line up with someone and create awkward side by side driving for about 2 miles before the other person is like "What the heck! ZZOOOOOM" ..I think its because our cars dont exactly look sporty/exotic and often get overlooked. And alot of folks in the racing scene dont know about how quick these cars are...not enough of them on the road to make a reputation...I have friends who are like "What kind of BMW is that? A 331i?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKopp View Post
Driving home from the beach once in Delaware, just cruisin about 70mph I see a nicely modded E46 M3, so of course we have a little fun just following eachother, finally the road opened up and he got a decent jump on me but I quickly pulled behind him and passed until 130-140 and I let off. He flew by as I was slowing down and I got next to him again, we rolled down the windows and he asked if it was an M model... I said nope, 135i... He was impressed. Cool guy and the funny thing was, we both had our girlfriends in the cars and they kind of just waved to eachother and roll their eyes. That was just Cobb Stage 2 without FMIC. Now I'm FBO Stg2+ and feel pretty confident about the car. Coming back the the S2000 comments. It's definitely a fun car and good in the turns, but it's a dog...
I have added several mods since my last post (meth, DP) and now I cream E46 M3's by like 6 cars...I have a buddy with an E39 M5. I take him every time but we like to line up and run for the heck of it.
Appreciate 0