07-17-2012, 09:31 AM   #30
i128
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340iX (6MT) - X3///M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
First, lets start here. A timely thread in which 135i owners discuss how they often like the stock tune more:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717865

You're familiar with it, you posted in it not understanding one bit. After, HP=Performance right? Mashing your foot to the floor is the most important metric of driver skill.

Please. A high performance vehicle is the sum of all parts. Transplant a Viper engine into a Kia and guess what, you still have a hunk of crap. I dropped 170hp when I bought my 128i, and guess what, I don't miss it one bit.

Or we could just put it another way, you don't have a M car. Nothing about your car is special or high performance. You have an engine that is found on many of the cheap spec BMW models. Color me impressed. Where you see a soft block, we see the lightest I6 ever made. Hell your engine alone is 75lbs heavier, not counting the rest of your turbo parts/cooling/sunroof.

I get it, you don't understand driver's cars(likely because your skill doesn't extend much beyond your right foot). You don't understand that the majority of driver's cars strike a balance. In todays world(see E36 M3, E46 M3, Cayman, Boxster, etc) they are around 3000lbs and have somewhere between 200-300hp. They are naturally aspirated by in large. It's a harmony, not 450 wft/lbs of meth induced unreliable torque.

No one in this thread is adding up manufacturer numbers. I was the one discussing power mods for us, and never once did I mention a power figure. Another member made a relatively accurate guess, which I agreed with based on the aforementioned 325i to 330i conversion.

Also, 128i chat thread. Last I checked, you didn't really meet the requirements.
Appreciate 0