United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
If you travel a decent amount I'd recommend these.

Chase Sapphire Preferred
Starwood Prefered Amex
Citi Prestige

All have signup bonuses, transferable points, no foreign transaction fees, and bonus categories.

Chase card also lets you pool points from Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited, includes trip cancellation insurance, primary rental car insurance, and first year fee waived.

SPG Amex has the widest range of airline transfer partners, credit towards Starwood elite status, access to Sheraton lounges, and first year fee waived.

Citi Prestige offers 4th night free hotel stay, trip cancellation insurance, primary rental car insurance, $250 annual airline credit, Priority Club membership, and until next July Admirals Lounge Access.

Even with the fees from these cards, you usually make out ahead as long as you would normally benefit from the perks.

The travel perks of the Chase Sapphire Preferred card really are nice to have. I ended up needing to make a claim using the primary rental car insurance a couple of years back, and while the claim process did require a shit ton of documentation, it was taken care of.