View Single Post
      05-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #55
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Hi Guys.

Update time.

My colleague and I found a factory in China that I could use for this project. Things are going good so far. Hopefully within a few weeks I can get some parts to use as prototypes.

I think first off I'm going to try and have them copy stuff that already exists versus designing completely new stuff. For example, I saw there is interest in CF sideskirts. Slek might be doing something with this, but I'd also love to give them a run for their money (no offense slek). I probably would do it in the same design as the BMW Aero/Performance sideskirts. Also, I could get a vert rear spoiler based on the OEM one for much cheaper. Could also do gloss black stuff. Also, I've personally been looking for a good lip for the Aero front bumper. I know there's not a huge market for that, but there aren't many options at all for a front lip on cars with the Aero bumper. Interior trim could be pretty easy too, and I know there's a market, so I'll try and do that at first too. Hoods and trunks I want to do, but I wouldn't be starting off with those (unless they're direct OEM replacements) because I'd have to do design stuff, and as I said, for now I'm going to focus on easier stuff to manufacture as this gets started and kind of builds momentum. If there's fair interest in the simpler stuff, I could expand into more intricate parts.

Any further input from you guys would be awesome too. Anything else you want?

I haven't forgotten about you guys, but as I said, starting something like this takes some time.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 05-22-2012 at 01:07 PM..
Appreciate 0