View Single Post
      03-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #4
135gofast
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Hey Mike,

The vorshlag plates have always rattled over small bumps, driving me nuts. and i've never liked the feel of the stock suspension over larger bumps at highway speeds, so i would be upgrading to something better than stock and would recommend the same to anyone asking.

I almost pulled the trigger on some AST 4100s, but because the track springs rates everyone recommends are like 600/800, it seems like i would not like driving the car on the street that firm.

instead i am buying a track car (miata) and just making the 1 a street only car. Besides, the 1er and i have not really bonded at autox, i would rather be autoxing my old VW GTI than the 1, but i think some stiffening up of the suspension would change my mind, and little more autox exp - last year i only made it out to like 4 autox events :-( and the HPDE sort of took over as my high-speed thrill drug.

To that end, Dinan camber plates along with the M3 front bits are going on this week. I'm hoping to get the same -1.7 degrees of camber to fit 245/35s up front on my ARC 8s, so that new tires are not required this year AND the vorshlag rattle will be gone.

i'll be keeping the camber plates, but they won't go back on without at least some KW V1s or Koni coil-over (conversion). Doubtful that i'd spring for ASTs on a street only car, i would prefer the progressive springs of the KWs on the street.