01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #120
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Anyone else purchased the TRW parts? keen to hear if they are as good as the real deal m3 components.
I installed the wishbones on my daily driver 328i. Did not buy / install the tension struts as I have recently purchased Meyle HD tension struts already. I replaced my stock wishbones at 103k miles (mainly highway driving). I also needed to buy the headlight adjustment arm.

I can't compare to the genuine M3 parts other than to say the TRWs look exactly like the Genuine parts in pictures, except that the M logo is scratched off. Compared to my stock wishbones, the bushing is slightly larger, which required me to gently bend the aluminum bracket in order to fit the new TRW wishbone. If you find yourself with this issue, bend very carefully, it doesn't take much. I've been told filing the bracket or the bushing is also an option.

Driving wise, the wishbones make a noticeable difference. Heavier steering, more steering responsiveness and more stability in spirited driving. Very happy with the change. Wish they were available before I did my Meyle HD tension struts as I would guess TRWs would improve the feel even more.
Appreciate 0