07-02-2012, 05:48 PM   #67
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Opinions differ but it's best to bleed the clutch to ensure all the air is out of the lines. Mike Miller of Roundel Tech Talk agrees with this when I asked him ("I would never remove a CDV without at least bleeding the clutch slave cylinder.")

This is because removing the CDV per se will introduce some amount of air into the system. If you replace the CDV with a modded one, or just hook the lines back up together without a CDV at all, some amount of air will get introduced.

The Motiv pressure bleeder is what allows you to do it by yourself versus needing two people to bleed (one person in the car pumping the clutch as another person is underneath opening the bleed valve.)

You can use the stock CDV and pop out the restrictor, you can buy the one from BMS, you can send a stocker to Zeckhausen to exchange for a modded one, I think they're all equivalent.

I know people who are using both a clutch stop and a CDV delete together. They do different things, so it's no problem. The CDV mod just makes the car shift 1-2 the way a normal car is supposed to, without the clunky and annoying delayed engagement. I found the difference not night-and-day, but noticeable and preferable. The clutch stop just changes the overall amount of travel in the pedal for a sportier feel, I guess.

Hope this helps?
Very much, thanks.
Appreciate 0