02-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #21
SteveAZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Are you talking about these guys http://www.ncracing.org/events.php

These guys have an event Sun the 19th as well as the 25th and 26th. This is who I run with and it's definitely an HPDE. No timing, passing only in designated zones (except open/race groups), instructors available, etc. If you can't get insurance for their events you could try hooked on driving on the 30th or track-masters on the 31st. Both are a little more expensive, but they offer instructors to every driver if desired for the entire day. The only thing is you'd have to check their rules on convertibles. They are both super picky. If I'm not mistaken they require full roll cages for open top cars, but I'm not 100% on that.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/hooke...on/Norcal-Reno

On the track you'll find the suspension and brake stuff to be hugely rewarding changes in this car. It'll negate a lot of the understeer built in to our cars. Good luck and let me know if you decide to head up here. I always love seeing other 1's on the track since their are usually 25 m3's to every 1 series
Yes, NCRC is who I was refering to and I had already checked in to the convertible aspect....FYI for anybody else reading this...

"NCRC Roll Protection Requirement

For safety reasons, all convertibles are required to have adequate roll protection in order to be driven at any NCRC event. This roll protection (factory or aftermarket) must allow the driver to pass the "broomstick test," which means that the driver's helmet must be below the line from the top of the roll hoop or bar to the top of the windshield.[1] [2] [3]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.Factory removable hard tops are normally not structural and do not meet our roll protection requirement.
2.If the a-pillar is not structural, the front shock mount points should be used for the broomstick test.
3.Porsche 911 Cabriolet and BMW convertibles have factory pop-up roll protection systems that meet our requirement."

Link

Hooked on driving allows them as well and specifies the 1999 and new 3 series but neglected to include the 1 series, likely an oversite but would need clarification prior to registering.

However, I still can't find insurance for NCRC events, only for HOD on the 30th so I'll have to give it some thought.

Thanks for the info.
2013 F10--JB4/BM3
2015 F82--Fuel-It! Stage 3 LPFP & PI--PS2 Turbos-- JB4/BM3-FBO
Appreciate 0