Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
Yandy you're doing much better! how did it feel going past that infamous turn? you got an instructor? you were looking much sharper in these videos! you have redeemed your self my friend. now just keep pushing harder and harder. nothing feels better than just letting go and just feeling it. let the force be with you
I was just happy to go past it the first few times, and seeing that it was "a complete fuck up" last time around. I got an instructor the first session because I've never done an event with Chin, was kinda of like a check out ride. Then I just asked him to go back in with me for my 2nd session (3rd of the day).

I was trying to brake any personal bests, really feeling out the track again, specially "that turn" lol. I'll be back there 3/23-24 with NASA, and expect to maybe have 275/35/18 RS-3s on Apex wheels by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
Off throttle through turn 1. Ballsy. You should find the car feels more stable if you go through there at full throttle (when you're going fast enough). And if that is too fast, do your speed adjustment early and then go back to power for the turn in or as you turn in depending on which works better.
Honestly I have never felt any sort of instability in turn 1, dry or wet, not as bad as it looks. But will try out your advice next time. The one turn that is infamous, and needs a bit of throttle through is turn 10 (turn after the back straight), big gap between Banking and infield again, specially if taken past the rumble strips.

Take the inside line through the rumble strips is not that bad, but take it two feet wide and it's unsettling. That turn is known for sending a few cars to the totalled yard. Mostly because people try to correct instead of driving out "right" where there's plenty of space.

I will def try the same on turn 1 next time, thanks for chiming in.