BoosTonian
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 MB C63 S AMG Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azban View Post
Thanks guys! Lots of good info. Didn't even think about my wiper fluid freezing. I'll need to research into winter tires as well. One question tho, are they acceptable to drive on during the spring/summer? Or would you guys strongly recommend a winter set? Finally, I am concerned about the salt. Is it as bad as people say it is for cars and is there anything other than a clear bra/undercoat spray to protect against it?
You can drive snows in the summer, but they'll wear faster and are generally very loud.

For the salt, just run your car through a touchless car wash that does the under carriage ever week or two. Salt can be pretty bad if left on for prolonged periods of time.

If you talk to xpel, they'll tell you the common areas people apply the clear wrap on their cars to protect against rock/salt kickup, etc.

I have Dunlop winter 3D tires on, they're not the best. Car still spins and in some cases still slides forward when breaking. Nokian tires are what I'd recommend, friend has them on an f80 and the car is glued to the road.

retired: GranTurismo MC, Giulia Quadrifoglio, B8.5 RS5, Q60 RedSport, e82 135, F80, e92 M3, e90 M3, (2) e92 335, B8 S4, C209 CLK55 AMG, e46 330
Appreciate 0