View Single Post
      02-21-2006, 03:29 AM   #7
oilbelcher
Private
Rep
Drives: 320 td (diesel)

Without question, I am waiting for the 335, or whatever might have more power. In my own opinion and the way I drive, the 330 does not have enough power, and compared to the new competition, not enough value. I don't like the competition enough to buy them (I used to own a G35, and don't like the IS350), so I will wait.

Also, if you have good transportation now, and can wait, it makes wise financial sense to wait. If you drive a car that is paid for, every month you wait allows more money saved that can be put towards long-term savings or an extra option on that new car when you do buy it.

Lastly, I want to encourage BMW to build a more powerful 3 series (HP AND torque, but below the M) that has better value. If I buy a 330 now, I am telling them that their current product is ideal, and their current marketing and product strategy is working. Your opinion is heard loudest when speaking with your wallet, and I want them to feel a little pressure. I am assuming that their are many internal marketing and product discussions going on right now at BMW, and I want to influence those that might be borderline about introducing more power in the 3 series.
Appreciate 0