View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #54
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by miula View Post
Had the exhaust installed yesterday and managed to get some pics and video comparing the stock vs. the Remus Street Race.

On the drive home it was quieter than the stock at both low and high rpm's except when you step on the gas hard, then it becomes beastly!!! I didn't notice any drone but I couldn't hear/feel it on the stock exhaust either...

I went for a ride today and it seems to be opening up as the miles pile up. It definitely has a deeper tone than stock and growls and gargles more as well. At higher revs it is pretty civilized but makes an amazing sound. However, when you are at low rpm's and go WOT the sound from the exhaust is just unbelievable IMHO. I saw a ton of people turning around and staring in awe when they heard the car around town; they seemed terrified yet curious...

Special thanks to Marco and the rest of the crew @ Turner Motorsports for the perfect installation on such short notice and for letting me sneak into the garage to snap a few photos.

Without further ado, video and a few pictures for all of you to enjoy!!!
Awesome!! I'm putting mine on tonight and cannot wait to hear it in person! UPDATE: I installed my Remus system after work tonight, install was quick and easy took about an hour from start to finish (I used ramps to get under the car.) After the install I drove the car for about 50 miles, great sound at cold start, quieter than I expected at first but even after 50 miles it has opened up quite a bit. I never had any issues with the stock exhaust "drone" however the Remus system does not have any drone at the 2,400 - 2,600 RMP range in higher gears. Sound is sightly more agressive and deeper at idle, opens up nicely under hard acceleration, fit and finish are superb. It's a great system for the price!

Last edited by ESC OFF; 12-29-2011 at 09:02 PM..
Appreciate 0