Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
A few observations . . .

It really is that easy. It takes me an hour to switch to track pads from pulling into the bay to backing out of the bay. I also change the front rotors. It takes about 2 hours to go back to street pads because I clean all of the guide surfaces, remove and clean the guide pins, etc...

Pushing the caliper piston back forces fluid into the MC reservoir. His calipers retracted so quickly and easily that he probably had loosened the master cylinder reservoir cap, which makes a world of difference, but he didn't mention it.

Lastly, if you are going to have any part of your body under a car, use a jack stand. That guy was 1 hydraulic failure away from never walking again. Even if walking isn't important to you, getting a car with less than 4 tires off the ground without damage is no small task.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0