Thread: N54 vs N55
View Single Post
      08-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #99
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Those examples are like 20PS more than Dack was talking about. I don't think hes saying theres an exact wall like "3 more HP and the car is toast!" or anything.

Just lets see some 450 WHP N55s and see how long they last. I'm not even saying they won't I just think its interesting that very few high power N55s seem to exist. When I ask for info on them I'm told "search they are out there" but it seems hard to come by. I don't think the N55 is going to be a big build 500 HP motor, but I seriously hope I'm wrong. If the N55 can take more power and sustain the 400-500 HP range without issues or changing internals that is awesome.

I promise I'm not trying to start arguments about the N54 being better, I just think that the N55 is going to need internal work to safely run in the power ranges that people are with the N54 without internals.

I've seen a toyota hatch run 7 sec 1/4 mile, so anything is possible with enough work and money, but what I'm getting at is the N55 can only take so much on a stock motor. I'd love to be proven wrong, I just can't find any evidence of the N55 being a stock motor beast in the way the N54 is.
Appreciate 0