09-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #26
Järppä
Old fart
Finland
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 xdrive25 + E53 X5 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylil1 View Post
Well glad that some of you got your issue covered by BMW - I'm on my 4th BMW and my second one from Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. My peeling paint occured while my car was at Weatherford BMW in Berkeley, CA. It peeled just forward of the passenger side outside review mirror. Oddly enough I had taken it in initially to have them look at the 'checking paint' on the left rear of my bumper and regular service. This is a factory car and there was damage at the port and the left rear was painted and looked fine, until recently. BMW washed their hands of the peeling paint on the passenger side, stating that a rock chip caused water to get under the paint when a high pressure sprayer was used (who used a high pressure sprayer? I don't, I hand wash) and as a result the paint peeled. Weatherford did nothing except kick me to the curb. BUT! Get this! BMW IS willing to have the bumper fixed. Does this make sense to anyone?
That rock chip and plaplapla thing is so bullshit. If BMW is willing to respray your pumber go for it and paint your mirror covers whit the pumber.