View Single Post
      07-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #6
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL 19 View Post
what is guards roll? So basically I have to roll my rear fender, right? Sorry for newbie questions about fender rolling and camber because I'm totally unfamiliar with those terms and this is my first chance to get a set of 19" wheels. Thanks
stick your finger in the rear guard between the tire and the guard.

feel that really thick u-shaped lip?.. that REALLY thick lip?

that gets all squashed as a basic guard roll... slightly more and the lip (you can't see it) gets flared out... and even more aggressive (and now risky) it gets flared out as much as you want (with some cars it can bend in the body around the guard), which becomes very noticeable

if you didn't know how tight fitment was before, you wouldn't be able to tell with mine... however, you can now fit an entire hand in there, where fingertips were a squeeze before.

it's not usually really expensive, you should be able to find a place that'll do it $50/guard~ + callout fee

i paid $200 for mine, but he's the best near where i live, and spent ages on it (about an hour, hour and a half on a saturday morning)... would only have been $250 if i got fronts too, but wasn't needed.
Appreciate 0