View Single Post
      11-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #1
ilikebmxbikes
Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Opinions on Widebody Options

I am going to have the rear end on my car widened to accommodate my ER front end and allow me to fit 1M/M3 fitment wheels. Cooler referred me to a shop in LA who has done some work on some e90 board members cars and I am confident they will do a great job on my 135i. I called the shop and got a good price on the conversion.

So here is where I want people to help me out. I want people's opinions on my options. The car already has full m3 suspension and I have a set of HRE R43's that will fit either option. I don't regularly drive the car so time to get all the parts and work done is not a factor.

Option 1: ER front end, 135i custom wide rear end.
- Custom Work and paint to rear side panels, 2x side skirts, rear bumper.
- Parts Required - None

The car in its current state. Option 1 would widen the rear to match the front.

Option 2: Full 1M conversion and custom fenders to match the bumper. I would get the battery tray replaced to fit 1M exhaust. If I go this route however, I likely delete the fender 'vent' and light. The light doesn't work on the conversions. I want the car to look slightly different than a 1M to respect the limited numbers of them on the road.
- Custom Work and paint to rear side panels, paint to Side skirts, front bumper, rear bumper, front fenders.
- Parts Required - 1M bumper, rear bumper, diffuser, side skirts, fender liners, vents, hardware, battery tray, 1M exhaust.
- Parts on car which can be sold to cover costs: ER Widebody AW3, iCarbon Diffuser, iCarbon Lip (uninstalled)

mock up of option 2 (I will try to retain the 135i side markers) :

Appreciate 0