07-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #87
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Please before you make another post, hit up google. Oh wow.. You have absolutely no idea - yes they used mg cos its lighter, but they used it AND alu because alu is stronger for the stuff that needs more strength, where tey can't use any OTHER materials as when te block gets hot, both mg and alu have same thermal expansion properties, they work well together

Diamond shaped as in they taper into the middle

The big point here is all the internals (cylinder walls, everything) are made of aluminium.. The mg just WRAPS around it all

On the aubject of o2 sims, they don't wearout, theyre a metal tube

Not forged, billet cnc'd

You'll see whether or not the n52 can take decent power soon enough. There is absolutely NO solid proof of anyone trying and failing yet

And i can't find anything on it being a 100% green engine.. Yeah they have all their 'green' tech in it, but it was designed for total performance. Fuel efficieny via light weight and response, valvetronic is both for power and efficiency for example.

Highway it uses 7/100 sure, (litres) but cane it on the track and it's more like 35/100 lol
Another snotty reply. Sure I'll play.
"The N52 is a aluminium/magnesium composite block engine. It is designed to be lightweight and for sub 200kw this is a good tradeoff. Increasing the stress on the engine with forced induction is not a good idea.

Its the "Camry" of BMW engines and designed to be economical and meet euro standards. If you want to beef up the N52 then you should try and find ways to mitigate the fuel efficiency devices i.e. DISA.

If you want to experiment, try and force the 2nd DISA actuator to be open at all times (3rd stage of the manifold). This should allow the maximum volume of air in the manifold be available at much lower rpms. Might not make the peak hp any higher but might give more power down low.

Remember this quote? It was was reply to a thread you started some time ago. You didnt learn then and not now it seems. An engine block itself is a most important piece in holding everything together. Mg doesnt have the strength to do that. You should try and google aluminum cylinder walls. Street high perf engines dont have Al cyl liners. They have cast iron liners. The N54/55 have cast iron liners.

Maybe you can google why the 1M didnt use the mag block. If its strong enough to handle the boost and lighter it would be insane not to use it in the newest M car.

Maybe theres a google funtion to answer your question about why there hasnt been a F/I N52 engine on the road in so many years of production? I'll tell you why, it wont handle it. Keep dreaming with your head in the sand for the magic hp bullet for your car.

Last edited by NYC6; 07-17-2012 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0