03-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
onkloud9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
Holy crap! You definitely got a lemon. Everything seems to have been wrong with it. I don't blame you for switching away from the 1, even though 99+% of people will never have stuff that catastrophic happen.

BTW, how's the Golf R in comparison?
You're probably right, my car was a poor example of an N54 135i. I will however praise the service dept for always fixing whatever was broken, no questions asked, and I always had a decent BMW loaner. Personally, I'm torn. On one hand, I loved it when it was working properly. On the other, it broke down on me and had to be serviced on more times than any car previous. She's like the psycho hot girlfriend who is amazing in the sack but goes completely mental on you once in a while. I will miss it though.

Golf R is not as quick but its not a slouch. It's only got 150 miles so I have barely touched the thing. It slingshots out of corners with no complaints, def handles better than a stock 1. APR will come eventually, stage 1+ (software/HPFP) nets 338/335, slightly less on 91. Needs a DG SSK.
Appreciate 0