View Single Post
      08-15-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I think you're right on the money, on all counts. I, too am seriously considering the 128i for the reasons you mentioned above, plus fuel economy; I tend to get better mileage with a NA car than a turbo, as I just love tha boost (too much).

1. nope
2. My wife and I traveled to Munich in late April, early May of this year. We had fabulous weather, and I wouldn't hesitate to travel at that time again. Certainly do not go in winter if you plan on getting Summer tires!
3. My guess on pricing for the 128i: $26,990 MSRP, $29,800 with seatheat, xenons, and Sport Package (the only options I want). If only an M-Sport Package is offered, it may command a bit more than that (aero kit and M bits, sixpots?), but I hope its just seats, wheels, tires, and suspension. Knock a few grand (or more if you shop around) off for ED. So I think you're right on the money, or in the ballpark.

Where the tough decision will come in: if the 135i is priced at $32,500, which is my guess, that's only $2500 more for M Aero bits, DSC+, sixpot brakes, and a stonking fast motor. That's a hell of a deal, and I may give up the economy if I am having a particularly feisty morning when I drive them
Appreciate 0