03-10-2009, 11:46 AM   #1
riguy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 X3 M-Sport 28i

Garage List
I LOVE Sanding Trucks!

NOT. On the drive home last night on 295N, I was about 1/2 mile behind a state sanding truck. I was stuck in all of the traffic that was backed up behind him, so I couldn't get out. It literally was like someone was sandblasting my car, all I could hear was a constant barage of rocks hitting the car. And I don't even think it's sand they spread anymore, but rock salt. Needless to say, when I got out of the gym, my windshield had a big 'ol crack in it. This morning when I looked close I could see at least a dozen deep pits on the glass. God only knows what happened to the body. Luckily I have the 3M on the front end...which I already see has taken a beating since I got the car in late January.

So, I arranged to have the windshield replaced this morning. I wanted that to be as OEM as possible (have had issues with non OEM parts in the past on other vehicles). My dealership (BMW Gallery) only subcontracts out so I'm going with Inskip. I believe they have the install 3rd partied out, but the actual windshield and related parts are provided by Inskip, so I felt better knowing it was all going to be BMW parts.

Honestly, new car aside, I don't ever remember the roads being so nasty thru the course of the winter. I think because we usually get some rain to wash off the salt, dirt. Sorry to vent....I am just done with winter, LOL. For once, I would like to actually see my car stay clean after it has been on the road!! Come on, Spring!
Appreciate 0