09-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #29
int2str
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
TAnd take this into consideration... if we do take your advice and go with a suspension setup, what suspension setup is, in your opinion, best for $2500? Are you including installation? Because the OP does not sound mechanically inclined to install a full coilover/M3 suspension by himself. So he is left with $2k for parts? Even with $2.5k the amount of kits available with quality builds is severely limited. You might say KWs V2s will help him more on the track/street than an LSD? (And you will not be able to afford camber plates with this setup FYI...) You can't even buy and install V3s for $2.5k.
I feel like you didn't really read my post

What advice?!
I didn't give the OP any specific suspension advice! Because there's not enough information - that's my point.
Do *you* think you can have an LSD installed for the OP at 2500?
What part of the LSD do you think SIGNIFICANTLY changes the handling characteristics of the car on the road? In what way?

Quote:
Last point I would like to make is the fact that anyone interested in tracking their car occasionally during the course of a year should attend track events with a completely stock suspension. You need to learn the limits of your car on a stock suspension, so when you do in fact upgrade the suspension, your learning curve will be exponentially greater than if you attend your first event with a full suspension.
Now that sounds like good advice!
That would also give you the opportunity to see where exactly your handling falls short and address those specific issues.

Quote:
An LSD will not hinder nor hurt your learning curve, rather it will be a tool to enhance your understanding of car dynamics, which is extremely hard to achieve with an open diff.
A 135i does not have an open diff technically.
And even (especially?) driving with an open diff would "enhance your understanding of car dynamics".

Quote:
I just don't appreciate people who say my information is misguided or disappointing when I have spent hours on the track and driving these cars.
That makes your advice especially puzzling....

Quote:
And BTW, do you even have an LSD?
Yes, bought from and installed by HP Autowerks.
Appreciate 0