09-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #31
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
I would disagree and say subframe bushings and sway bars should be added last to a car. But once again the OP really didn't pinpoint what this car would be used for or specifically what he wants to improve, haha.
I can absolutely understand sway bars being the last modification, if you are on a mission to fine tune the handling balance. However many people on the forum are happy with the E92 M3 front bar with certain street oriented combinations of springs and dampers. I don't see much risk in going for it straight away if you can accept others advice about a popular setup. No it may not be the last word if you want to fine tune the handling for specific sport application, but not a bad starting point I would suggest.

IMO, its a waste of time trying to tune the handling while using the stock subframe bushes. Simply put, they are all-over-the-place. Its not only a suspension stiffness problem. In addition it causes a rear wheel passive steering problem that makes the steering response very confusing for the driver. Swapping the M3 subframe bushes made such a big difference that I now realise I would never have got a feeling for the cars true characteristics while using the stock subframe bushes. I would recommend it as the first mod, even in a car used as a daily driver.
Appreciate 0