Banned
Rep
Drives: S65 1M Clone & E92 M3 4.6L

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampire81 View Post
the flood of information is appreciated and i'm yet to make up my mind ```

this is where i stand now:
- i mentioned the LSD because it is highly advertised and all my previous sports cars had LSDs.
- the spinning when acceleration is what makes me consider the LSD. my LS3 C6 with PS2 tires hooked better. or is from the LSD in the C6?
- the car will be parked in the garage when roads are wet.
- i'm not drifting my car.
- the $2500 is for suspension parts mods only.
- the RFTs will soon go. size will increase to 225/255 front/rear.
- i'm afraid the coilovers will be overkill for me considering the added stiffness and the reduced ground clearance. or am i wrong? i know it will vastly improve handling.
- on fast corners (public roads), it bounces if the road is not perfect. reminded me of my 2011 mustang. my 2003 S2000 was better in this department.
- i always drive the car with the traction control button pressed 1 time.
- one more thing i would like to improve is steering responsiveness. it takes more time to translate my inputs. drove a 2012 GTI and its steering response was excellent and even better than my S2000!!!
- i'm not planning to turn my 135i into a time attack machine when i take it to a "race track" or "road course", just enjoy having a well balanced suspension, or in other words, better than stock handling.

now speaking of my $2500, should i spend it or save for the LSD?
LSD will cost me $5000 installed.

thanks again for the valuable inputs and civilized discussion ``

@3002 Tii gave you some useful information.

It really does sound like you want both modifications.

The LSD will help you with traction and be a great compliment to your engine mods. I have an LSD, love it, and swear by it. On the streets I hated the stock diff and how at WOT when braking throttle would pull to one side. If I brake traction now, I do so in a straight line.

I would get the non-runflat tires first, see how it improves your car and decide where you want to go from there. If your budget is $2500 and you are not building a track specific car, you can get some less aggressive coilovers and as 3002 Tii mentioned, you can adjust the height for cosmetic and handling reasons and loose little road comfort.

The rear bounce you describe is a combination of your runflat tires and soft rear subframe bushings. The tires are hard and the bushings are soft to compensate. It creates a really loose disconnected rear end. M3 bushings and non runflats will get rid of a lot of that.

For improved steering response, you can add more camber and or m3 control arms. The non runflats may make your steering feel a little less sharp than your runflats but the grip will greatly be improved and it will be worth it.

I dont think you are going to get any one right answer for your original question. I just think you should upgrade both along with the bushings and your tires and you will be very pleased.
Appreciate 0