View Single Post
      07-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa13 View Post
Forgive me if this is a moronic question, but I have been out of the N54 game for two years. Back in 09' I threw down some serious numbers, but no one was talking about e85.

E85 as in Ethanol? Like the corn fuel shit? Forgive my ignorance..

I'm back in a n54 as of 2 weeks ago, and will get her back in the 11's soon =)))..

This e85 seems like it would helps tons. Thank you! And sorry if this is a stupid question..

BTW, you have a drop dead gorgeous car my friend, cant wait to meet you and see your baby in August in Corona.

Thanks!!
No problem at all man, yes E85 as in that corn stuff It's cooling components in cylinder allow for a better knock threshold for running high boost and timing. You can run about a 30-40% mix with pump gas and you will see a nice increase in power if you adjust the tune accordingly. Anything above those mixes though you might start to run into lpfp demands because E85 requires another 20% of fuel to match the same bang you get with pump gas. I upgraded my fuel system by adding Vishnu/FFTEC's inline booster pump that essentially helps the lpfp provide enough flow for the high pressure. I'm also running a back end flash that allows me to flow more fuel without hitting the fuel ceiling. There is some good stuff to read up on about e85 over on e90post. Cobb, JB4, and Procede all support it, it's fun stuff

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0