View Single Post
      12-11-2009, 03:32 AM   #158
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

^ ive felt the same about hoping the next gen is a revived e30 (eg. light twin turbo high rev 4 cyl). although now reading advevo's post makes me reconsider.

i always have come back to the 128...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
using the 135i engine is the easy making money way. If i spend ///M money i want something special engine wise. Like 360hp out of 3.2 engine with a carbon airbox. No it s not as fast as 135i 400 hp turbo engine. But that 3.2 is a piece of art. A 135i or any other turbo will never be one. Same goes for the X5 M and X6 M

Then the other thing.

Try the balance a turbo on under and oversteer with the throttle. Try that you proberly end up in the hedges. Turbo s are nice on 4wd rally cars. They don t belong in RWD car with a LSD on. You need a more liniear throttle response.

I want to spend lots money on ///M cars but if can t play with the throttle to balance the car i won t spend one dollar/euro on it.

Pedal to metal on the straight brigades i am not a member of. There more than enough manufactures who build those high power high nm turbo torque cars. I rather see 9000 rpm and sound to die for. Engine like a piece of art.

E30 dtm airbox
M3 3.0
M3 3.2
M3 CSL airbox
M3 V8 with 8400 rpm. Mount an airbox you will get crazy.

I don t care if people overtake me with turbo engine in my high ///M engines. You get used to torque. You never get bored listen to high rev engines.
curious, how do you feel about performance diesels?
Appreciate 0