View Single Post
      08-19-2010, 10:22 PM   #106
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
The one thing about opinions is everyone has one, including me. Opinions are merely reflections of personal experience and resulting bias.

I've owned and driven more cars than I car to remember. Some of them really sweet and some of them crap. Sticks and autos.

For me (and me alone) DCT leaves every manual transmission I've driven in the weeds. Sure the 5-spd in my former M Coupe and in the Honda S2000 were very good. Really good. So was the 6-spd in my former 911 4S.

For how I drive, where I drive, what I want to focus on when driving and everything else DCT is the better solution. Sure, it has its quirks, it is not a 100% simulation of human-shifter-clutch-gas interaction. What I give up there, something that was never more than a mechanical skill to me, I get back in being able to be more intensely focused on the driving, the line I'm taking, etc.

For me DCT is the best way. For others they need to make up their own mind. My experiences and biases almost certainly do not apply.

If enjoying or preferring DCT makes me not an "enthusiast" on this board do you think I really care?
See, your post seemed reasonable until that last comment.
I've been one of the more "vocal" people about this issue, and I've never said that a DCT driver is not an enthusiast, or is less of one.

Your comment demonstrates the defensiveness that goes on.
I think some are reading too much into certain comments, that is not there in the first place.
Appreciate 0